Thursday 14 July 2011

Fight for your rights -don't give up

If, like me, you have dabbled with the excellent e-bay, a a buying ans selling forum, then you will know that some transactions are slightly convoluted.

Having purchased a speaker for a Blackberry phone for my daughter, it didn't work.

I contacted the seller, who agreed to pay a refund. I haven't received this, even though it was promised on the 31st of March, 2011.
It is not my money, it is my daughters, so she asked me to chase it up.I use the government advice, a bit long winded, but it is important to know your rights as a consumer.
This is the site I normally use for advice on consumer rights.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

I guess the items are 'not fit for purpose' as they do not work. My next course of action is to contact the seller again, if this doesn't work, then I'll contact e-bay, and if it is not resolved, I'll contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

The point here is that we have many tools at are disposal as consumers, if we can take time to investigate and  use them.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment